Bring to class:
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Sunscreen - +15 SPF or higher
- Synthetic Quick Dry Clothing
- Water Bottle
- Water Shoes/Sandals - Foot attire that will protect your feet and is okay to get wet. (e.g. Teva, Chaco, Keen (not flip-flops)
- Energy Snacks
- Eyewear Retainer - A strap to help keep your glasses or sunglasses from falling off in the event of big splash or a capsize.
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Paddle Jacket
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Wetsuit - Thickness depends on your local water temperatures. Generally 3mm-4mm is preferable.
- Wide Brim Hat w/ Retainer - Sun protective & safe in case of wind
Provided by REI:
- Dry Bag
- Group First Aid Kit - Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
- Touring/Recreational Kayak