Catskills Overnight Backpacking w/ Scribner's Lodge
- Fitness level 3: Moderate
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Group size: 8
Let us help you experience the Catskill's spectacular views, and start a summit series for the ages (Catskill 3500 Club). This amazing section of wilderness located less than 3 hours north of NYC, is truly one of the best State Parks in the country. Join our instructors on an overnight trip that will teach you valuable backcountry skills and help you fall in love with backpacking. Our instructors explain how to choose and use equipment (including how to load and carry your backpack) to maximize your comfort and fun. You'll learn about campsite selection, camp cooking, water treatment and Leave No Trace etiquette. The course includes all of the necessary gear (backpack, tent, sleeping bags, sleeping pads, stove, all cookware, trekking poles, and water filters) and food (1 Lunch, 1 Dinner, and 1 Breakfast). On your last day, your hard work will be rewarded with an exclusive brunch through our great partners at Scribner's Lodge. Final things to remember, we are now offering transportation from NYC and Northern, New Jersey. We will be picking up participants from NYC (Dyckman St Subway) @ 8:00 AM and REI Paramus at 9:00 AM and then traveling up together.
- Learn how to pack a backpack for fit, balance and accessibility
- Learn techniques of how to properly wear and hike with a backpack for ultimate comfort on the trail
- Learn additional camp skills such as choosing a camp site, camp cooking, water treatment, sanitation, and Leave No Trace principles
- Discover local areas where overnight backpacking is available
The Catskill's - Roaring Kill Trail
More directions and information
Extremely limited parking at the venue, if possible meet at REI SoHo or Paramus in the morning for shuttle service to and from the venue.