Women's Essential Wilderness Skills
$75 for REI Members
$95 for non-members
- Group size 10 people
- Instructor REI Local Experiences Guide
Getting ready to head into the backcountry and looking to increase your confidence in your outdoor skills? Our experienced instructors will share tips & tricks to help hone your skills while providing ample opportunity for demonstrations, discussion, skills practice and questions. We'll discuss the importance of the 10 essentials, campsite selection and proper layering while understanding mechanisms of heat loss/gain. Hands-on skills practice will include knot tying, shelter set-up, stove use, fire building and water purification.
- Understanding the importance and functionality of the 10 essentials
- Proper clothing and equipment selection for the terrain and weather
- Learn useful and reliable knots
- Gain knowledge of stove fuels/use and water purification techniques
- Practice setting-up shelters and effective fire building techniques
What to bring with you
As you enter the park turn left and and look for REI signs and vehicle. We will be at one of the group picnic shelters. Questions? Call our Local Experiences team at 1-877-819-3803 or email us at email@example.com.
More directions and information
An Oregon State Parks day-use parking permit is required. $5 a day, $30 for a 12-month permit, and $50 for a 24-month permit. NOTE: To pay at the park, you can use cash/check at the office or booth. If these are closed, the fee machine takes credit cards ONLY.