Bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least two one-liter water bottles, such as a Nalgene bottle, or a large hydration bladder.
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Daypack - Large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Insulated Mountaineering Boots
- Personal Prescription Medications - Including, but not limited to, epinephrine auto-injectors for anaphylactic allergies.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Synthetic/Wool Layers - Clothing that retains warm when wet.
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Wide Brim Hat w/ Retainer - Sun protective & safe in case of wind
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Climbing Harness
- Personal Climbing Helmet
Provided by REI:
- Climbing Harness
- Climbing Helmet
- Group First Aid Kit - Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
- Ice Axe
- Mountaineering Hardware - All necessary.
- Snow Anchors
- Static Rope - Minimum of 100 feet for anchors and fixed lines.
- Trekking Poles