Rappelling - Level 1
$89 for REI Members
$109 for non-members
- Group size 1 people
Rappelling, the act of descending a rope is an essential skill and a lot of fun! Our professional rock climbing instructor will teach you different types of rappels and guide you through the experience of rappelling. This course is designed for beginners looking for a new experience, climbers looking to advance their knowledge, and backpackers who need rappelling training.
- Acquire confidence with equipment application
- Have fun learning a new activity (rappelling) in the outdoors
- Develop rappelling techniques
- Understand the advantages/disadvantages of single rope and double rope rappels
- Discover strategies to minimize typical rappelling problems
What to bring with you
More directions and information
CLOSED TOED SHOES REQUIRED. There is no water available at Tom's Thumb Trailhead. From N Pima Rd and the Loop 101, take Exit 36 for N Pima Rd and travel 4.8 miles north. Turn right on E Happy Valley Rd for 4.3 miles. Turn right on Ranch Gate Rd and proceed 1.3 miles. Turn right on N 128th St and travel south for 1.5 miles to Tom's Thumb Trailhead. Proceed to main parking lot and look for your guides set up with a table and gear. Call 480.945.2881 with any questions day of program.