Rappelling - Level 1
$60 for REI Members
$70 for non-members
- Group size 7 people
Rappelling, the act of descending a rope is an essential skill and a lot of fun! Our professional rock climbing instructor will teach you different types of rappels and guide you through the experience of rappelling. Class size is limited to ensure that you get individualized attention, as well as the opportunity to rappel multiple times. This course is designed for beginners looking for a new experience, climbers looking to advance their knowledge, and backpackers who need rappelling training.
- Acquire confidence with equipment application
- Have fun learning a new activity (rappelling) in the outdoors
- Develop rappelling techniques
- Understand the advantages/disadvantages of single rope and double rope rappels
- Discover strategies to minimize typical rappelling problems
What to bring with you
Activity locationAllenbrook - Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
More directions and information
The unmarked entrance can be easy to miss. It looks like a concrete driveway that turns into a gravel road. It is almost directly across from a neighborhood called River Mill Circle. If you see a street sign for Warm Spring Circle, you have gone too far.