Rappelling - Level 1
$59 for REI Members
$69 for non-members
- Group size 6 people
Rappelling, the act of descending a rope is an essential skill and a lot of fun! Our professional rock climbing instructor will teach you different types of rappels and guide you through the experience of rappelling. Class size is limited to ensure that you get individualized attention, as well as the opportunity to rappel multiple times. This course is designed for beginners looking for a new experience, climbers looking to advance their knowledge, and backpackers who need rappelling training.
- Acquire confidence with equipment application
- Have fun learning a new activity (rappelling) in the outdoors
- Develop rappelling techniques
- Understand the advantages/disadvantages of single rope and double rope rappels
- Discover strategies to minimize typical rappelling problems
What to bring with you
More directions and information
If you have any issues, please contact us: Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm @ (423) 485-1249; or Friday-Saturday-Sunday on our after-hours phone @ (423) 708-4754. Our email is monitored Monday-Friday: Chattanooga-OS@rei.com. This event operates in Eastern Standard Time. There are no restrooms at this venue.