Kayak Paddle Skills Workshop - Level 2 - Edging, Bracing, and More!
- Fitness level 3: Moderate
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Minimum age: 14
- Group size: 6
Up your kayak game! Join our kayaking experts to learn and practice more advanced skills such as edging, draws and bracing to enhance your boat handling skills, and help prevent capsizes and build your confidence. This class will refine your paddling technique and will enable to you explore waterways with more confidence and control. The class builds upon the skills from Learn to Kayak and Kayak Rescues and Recoveries. Prior participation in, or equivalent experience is required. Be prepared that kayaking is a wet sport! Instruction includes wet exits and in-water rescue demonstrations. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating responsible adult.
- Learn paddle strokes, boat edging and braces to enhance boat handling skills
- Review of how to enter and exit a kayak, including a wet exit, wearing a sprayskirt
- Review self and assisted rescue.
Lake Brandt Marina
More directions and information
N 36 10.060 W 79 50.249