Women's Introduction to Colorado Mountain Biking
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 13
- Group size: 10
Experience the thrill of mountain biking with our enthusiastic, knowledgeable instructors! We'll start by addressing proper bike fit while making any necessary adjustments to your bike. Next we'll demonstrate riding techniques, including body and pedal position, shifting, braking, climbing, descending, and navigating minor obstacles on the trail. We'll also go over important communication skills and mountain biking trail etiquette with the aim of keeping multi-use trails open and safe for everyone. Finally, we'll practice all these new skills on a great trail ride! Don't have a bike? We'll provide bikes at no additional charge. Recommended for those 14 and older; those under 18 must be accompanied by female parent or responsible female adult. No rider will be left behind!
- Learn how to mount and dismount a mountain bike both in stationary and moving environments
- Learn the proper techniques of shifting, braking, hill climbing/descending, and clearing minor obstacles
- Trail etiquette (Leave No Trace) and safety emphasized
- Find local areas where you can begin to build your skills as a mountain biker
Boulder: Flatirons Vista
More directions and information
There is a $5 parking fee (cash only) for motor vehicles that are not registered in Boulder County. From Boulder, travel South on highway 93. The parking area is located on the right, 100 yards past Rd 128. If you have any issues, please contact us: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm @ 303-756-3100 x806; or Saturday-Sunday on our after-hours phone @ 720-515-2290. Our email is monitored Monday-Friday: firstname.lastname@example.org.