Rock Climbing Anchors Class - Natural & Fixed Protection - Level 1
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 13
- Group size: 12
Learn the basics of building climbing anchor systems. We will cover climbing gear, knots, evaluation and use of natural and fixed protection, and equalizing the forces on the anchor. Traditional climbing gear use is covered in Artificial Climbing Anchors. This is a hands on program where you will build climbing anchors. Although this outing will focus on construction and assessment of anchors and not on climbing movement, it is designed for participants with climbing and belaying experience.
- Learn how to identify and build effective, solid climbing anchors
- Learn about a variety of anchors, both natural and fixed
- Learn how to place removable anchors
- Learn about common gear used to build climbing anchors and how it can be used in a variety of different environments
Mount Diablo State Park: Rock City Parking Lot
More directions and information
There is a $10 Day Use fee when you enter the park.