GPS One-on-One Instruction
- Fitness level 1: Relaxed
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 18
- Group size: 1
- Instructor: Alex
Join an REI Outdoor School instructor for a one-on-one class leading you through the basics of GPS navigation. Learn how to use your pocket-sized navigator to pinpoint your location, mark waypoints and navigate to distant points. The instructor will review the features to consider when choosing a receiver and introduce you to some of the fun and practical applications of using a GPS unit in your outdoor activities. At the end of the session, you will get hands-on experience with a GPS. If you own a GPS unit, please bring it to the class. This is an in-store class.
- The outcomes are based on the need of the student
- Participants will leave understanding basic GPS unit functionality, this includes a functional knowledge of GPS data entry - the satellite - map and compass screens as displayed on their individual devices
- Learn to interpret the satellite screen with an emphasis on reception issues
- Learn to mark their present position
- Learn to enter a distant waypoint
- Learn to navigate to these points while observing the track-log and compass on the GPS
This course is also offered on demand. Please contact your local Paradise Valley Co-op at (602) 996-5400 for assistance to schedule the time and date that best suits your needs.
Paradise Valley REI
12634 N Paradise Village Pkwy, Phoenix, AZ 85032