Catoctin Mountain Winter Hike
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 12
- Group size: 6
Winter is here! One of our favorite places to explore this time of the year, join us and explore stunning mountain vistas and learn about the incredible human history that spans several chapters of our nation's history on a hike at Catoctin Mountain Park. If we're lucky, we might even find a frozen waterfall as we share some hiking tips to make winter hiking more comfortable and offer insight on planning your own hikes any time of year. Perfect for anyone with a bit of fitness, we'll cover about 6 miles and gain 1000' of elevation. We love this hike, and are pretty sure you will too!
- Learn to adapt basic hiking skills to the winter environment
- Learn how to dress to stay warm, dry and comfortable so you can expand your hiking experience to 4 seasons
- Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to winter hiking
- Get a great winter-weather workout
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
- Catered meal provided
If you have any questions about this class/tour please email us at DC-OS@rei.com or call us at 240.630.1938 M - F 10 am - 5 pm.