Shenandoah Winter Hike at White Oak Canyon
$75 for REI Members
$95 for non-members
- Minimum age 12
- Group size 6 people
Winter is here! Time to hit the trail, breathe in some fresh air, and explore Shenandoah National Park in a whole new way. One of our favorite places to explore this time of year, White Oak Canyon winds along a frozen stream as it cascades over boulders and through this Appalachian wilderness. Following a sometimes steep trail, we'll hike 6 miles at a brisk pace, gaining about 2000' of elevation along the way, while learning all about the surrounding ecosystem. We'll also share tips for staying comfortable while hiking and offer insight on planning your own hikes any time of year. So grab your day pack, lace up those boots and we'll see you at the trailhead!
- Learn to adapt basic hiking skills to the winter environment
- Learn how to dress to stay warm, dry and comfortable so you can expand your hiking experience to 4 seasons
- Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to winter hiking
- Get a great winter-weather workout
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
- Catered meal provided
- Round-trip transportation provided
What to bring with you
If you have any questions about this class/tour please email us at DC-OS@rei.com or call us at 240.630.1938 M - F 10 am - 5 pm.