Harpers Ferry & Maryland Heights Winter Hike
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 12
- Group size: 6
Just because it's cold outside, doesn't mean you have to stay indoors. Join REI's professional guides this winter for a unique hiking experience through the natural wonder and human history of Harpers Ferry and Maryland Heights. We'll hike along the AT, through the storied town and climb to a historic view of three states and two rivers. Along the way, we'll teach you a few tips to making winter hiking more comfortable and enjoyable. Bring your sense of adventure! REI will provide transportation along with a catered lunch and hot drinks. This outing leaves from REI Rockville. Join us for a day or the whole Winter Hiking Series. Participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a participating parent or responsible adult.
- Learn to adapt basic hiking skills to the winter environment
- Learn how to dress to stay warm, dry and comfortable so you can expand your hiking experience to 4 seasons
- Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to winter hiking
- Get a great winter-weather workout
- Meet other like-minded adventurers
If you have any questions about this class/tour please email us at DC-OS@rei.com or call us at 240.630.1938 M - F 10 am - 5 pm.
Meet at: Washington DC REI
201 M Street NE, Washington DC, DC 20002