Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing Class
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 14
- Group size: 12
Join REI to learn the fundamentals of outdoor rock climbing in this hands-on experience. We'll focus on building the skills you need to continue your climbing journey, including proper belay techniques to keep your fellow climbers protected while they're off the ground. We'll cover necessary knots and give you the chance to practice basic outdoor climbing techniques, with some personalized instruction along the way. REI will provide all of the necessary climbing equipment for this great first-time experience.
- Learn how to belay other climbers while they're off the ground
- Learn to tie the basic climbing knots and practice good rope management
- Learn the basics of climbing movement and technique
- Practice your new skills with ample opportunities to climb multiple outdoor climbing routes
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult
Please arrive 10-15 minutes prior to the start time for parking and paperwork considerations. A $10 state park parking fee required for each vehicle (cash only) or CA State Park Poppy Pass.
Auburn SRA: Quarry Trail
More directions and information
$10 CA SRA parking fee REQUIRED for each vehicle (cash only) or CA State Park Poppy Pass. Port-A-Potties available, water is not available.