Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing Class
$89 for REI Members
$99 for non-members
- Minimum age 14
- Group size 12 people
Join REI to learn the fundamentals of outdoor rock climbing in this hands-on experience. We'll focus on building the skills you need to continue your climbing journey, including proper belay techniques to keep your fellow climbers protected while they're off the ground. We'll cover necessary knots and give you the chance to practice basic outdoor climbing techniques, with some personalized instruction along the way. REI will provide all of the necessary climbing equipment for this great first-time experience.
- Learn how to belay other climbers while they're off the ground
- Learn to tie the basic climbing knots and practice good rope management
- Learn the basics of climbing movement and technique
- Practice your new skills with ample opportunities to climb multiple outdoor climbing routes
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult
What to bring with you
More directions and information
If you have any issues, please contact us: Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm @ (423) 485-1249; or Friday-Saturday-Sunday on our after-hours phone @ (423) 708-4754. Our email is monitored Monday-Friday: Chattanooga-OS@rei.com. This event operates in Eastern Standard Time. There are no restrooms at this venue.