Evening Photography and Wine Tasting on The High Line
- Fitness level 1: Relaxed
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Minimum age: 21
- Group size: 9
Beautiful vistas, stunning sunset - join REI on the High Line, New York's beautiful elevated park for an evening of photography lessons followed by a private wine tasting. Learn techniques and tricks for taking compelling outdoor photographs that help tell a story about your experience. To cap off your evening, a private wine tasting session at Little West Wine & Spirits, where you'll sample delectable, premium quality wines. Photographers of all levels using film or digital cameras are encouraged to attend. Bring your camera and tripod along with the owner's manual. For participants age 21 and up - I.D. required.
- Learn how to adjust your camera (and your eyes) for evening and nighttime environments
- Learn how to manage the use of natural light and flashes
- Have an opportunity to learn night "hiking" skills
- Discover animals and birds that are active at dusk
- Enjoy a wine tasting lead by a wine steward from Terroir at the Porch.
More directions and information
Subway stops: 14th St on ACE, 8th Ave on L. Walk two blocks west on 14th St. Meet your instructor at the bottom of the stairs (street level) on 14th St., which lead up to the entrance of the High Line