Bring to class:
- 2 Liters of Water - At least two one-liter water bottles, such as a Nalgene bottle, or a large hydration bladder.
- Daypack - Large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Energy Snacks
- Hiking Boots
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry.
- Hydration Compatible Day Pack - 1000-2000 cubic inches with 70-100 oz water bladder
- Notebook and Pen or Pencil
- Personal Compass
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
Provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Maps - Local course area maps.