Bring to class:
- Base Layers - Wool or synthetic.
- Daypack - Large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Insulated Mountaineering Boots
- Lip Balm/Protection
- Personal Prescription Medications - Including, but not limited to, epinephrine auto-injectors for anaphylactic allergies.
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
- Sun Protection - Lip balm, sunscreen, wide-brim hats, etc.
- Synthetic/Wool Layers - Clothing that retains warm when wet.
- Warm Gloves
- Warm Hat
- Warm Jacket - Down or Synthetic.
- Warm Socks - Wool or Synthetic.
- Water Bottle
- Energy Snacks
- Insulated Water Bottle - An insulated bottle to prevent liquids from freezing inside
- Personal Climbing Harness
- Personal Climbing Helmet
Provided by REI:
- Climbing Harness
- Climbing Helmet
- Dynamic Climbing Rope - At least a 60m rope.
- Group First Aid Kit - Contents include wound care items and over the counter medications for minor injuries and illnesses
- Ice Tool - Ice climbing specific ice axe