Full Moon Hike
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Minimum age: 14
- Group size: 15
Come join an REI Outdoor School Instructor for a guided night hike at one of the area's best hiking venues! Night hiking is a unique experience that everyone should experience. The sparkling stars and dark woods are a perfect complement to each other. Some hiking experience is recommended for this activity. Allow us to make sure you have the most enjoyable and educational outing possible!
- Learn about local venues that are particularly suited to night hiking
- Learn tips and techniques to have a safe, enjoyable night hike
- Take in the different sights afforded by night cover
40th Street Trailhead - Phoenix Mountains Preserve
More directions and information
There are restrooms at this location, although they are sometimes locked. Gate closes at sunset throughout the year. If your course starts at or near sunset, please arrive a few minutes early to gain access to the parking lot. Directions from N 40th Street and E Shea Blvd in North Phoenix: Travel south on N 40th Street for 1 mile until 40th dead ends into a parking lot. Call 520.477.7344 with any questions day of course.