Introduction to Fat Biking
$79 for REI Members
$99 for non-members
- Minimum age 14
- Group size 8 people
Experience the thrill of fat biking with enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructors! We'll start by addressing proper bike fit and appropriate tire pressure based on conditions. Next we'll demonstrate riding techniques specific to fat biking, including body and pedal position, shifting, braking, climbing, descending, and basic cornering. We'll also go over important communication skills and mountain biking trail etiquette. Don't have a bike? We'll provide fat bikes for participants at no additional charge. Recommended for those 14 and older; those under 18 must be accompanied by parent or responsible adult.
- Introduce riders to groomed fat bike trails, or sandy trail conditions
- Learn how to mount and dismount a fat bike, both in stationary and moving environments
- Learn the proper techniques of shifting, braking, hill climbing/descending, dabbing, cadence through snowy/sandy conditions, and cornering in snowy/sandy conditions
- Learn proper Trail etiquette (LNT) and risk management
- Find local areas where you can begin to build your skills as a fat biker
What to bring with you
Activity locationCarver Lake Park - 3175 Century Ave S, Woodbury, MN 55125
More directions and information
If you have any questions or concerns please contact us Monday through Friday 8 AM - 5 PM at (952) 884-4315 x 221 and Minneapolisfirstname.lastname@example.org OR Friday evening through Sunday on our after-hours phone: (612) 467-9161. This is a monitored mailbox so please send a text or leave a voicemail.