Women's Introduction to Outdoor Rock Climbing
- Fitness level 2: Easy Active
- Skill level 1: Beginner
- Group size: 6
- Instructor: REI AMGA Certified Climbing Instructor
Join REI to learn the fundamentals of outdoor rock climbing in this hands-on experience. We'll focus on building the skills you need to continue your climbing journey, including proper belay techniques to keep your fellow women climbers protected while they're off the ground. We'll cover necessary knots and give you the chance to practice basic outdoor climbing techniques, with some personalized instruction along the way. REI will provide all of the necessary climbing equipment for this great first-time experience.
- Learn how to belay other climbers while they're off the ground
- Learn to tie the basic climbing knots and practice good rope management
- Learn the basics of climbing movement and technique
- Practice your new skills with ample opportunities to climb multiple outdoor climbing routes
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or responsible adult
Red Rocks Climbing Area
More directions and information
Redrock, off Highway 128, is a quality climbing area in Gloucester, MA. Here you'll find top-rope routes up to 60 feet high, including cracks, laybacks, and slab!