Bring to class:
- Day Hiking Boots
- Daypack - Large enough to carry water, food and layers.
- Water Bottle
- Weather Appropriate Clothing - Moisture wicking synthetic or wool layers to help keep you comfortable and/or dry.
- Energy Snacks
- Hat/ Sun protection - An item to help protect your face and neck from sunburn.
- Insect Repellant
- Rain Gear - Waterproof/resistant jacket, pants and hat.
Provided by REI:
- Group First Aid Kit
- Matches or Lighter - A ten essentials item for backcountry travel.
- Ropes and Cordage
- The 10 Essentials - The 10 essentials are navigation tools, a headlamp, first aid kit, knife, fire, shelter, extra food, extra water, and extra clothes.
- Water Filter