Kayak Rescues and Recovery - Level 2
- Fitness level 3: Moderate
- Skill level 2: Intermediate
- Minimum age: 14
- Group size: 12
Ready to take your kayaking knowledge to the next level? In this class, students will learn to enter and exit your kayak wearing a sprayskirt. You'll learn rescue techniques for self-rescue to get back into your boat and for assisting others as well. By the end of the class, our instructors will also help you gain an awareness of how to become a safe, responsible kayaker. This class is a natural follow-up to our Learn to Kayak class and is great for kayakers who have basic paddling skills but are interested in learning more about self and assisted rescues.
- Learn to enter and exit a kayak, including the wet exit, wearing a sprayskirt
- Learn rescue techniques for assisting others
- Learn rescue techniques for self-rescue
- Provide participants with an awareness of how to become a safe, responsible kayaker
Chester Frost Park
More directions and information
If you have any issues, please contact us: Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm @ (423) 485-1249; or Friday-Saturday-Sunday on our after-hours phone @ (423) 708-4754. Our email is monitored Monday-Friday: Chattanooga-OS@rei.com. This event operates in Eastern Standard Time.