cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Women's hiking shoes with a wide toe box

Hello!

I'm looking for a pair of women's hiking shoes with a wider toe box. I currently have a pair of Salomon OUTline Low GTX hiking shoes which fit well except that my toes feel scrunched and I've been getting blisters. Any recommendation for a different shoe I can try?

Thanks!
Sarah

0 Likes
11 Replies

I recently bought Altra Timp 2 trail running shoes and let me tell you, they are wonderful for those of us who need a wider toe box. I hike moderate to difficult trails, about 6-10 miles at a time and I highly recommend these shoes. Hope this helps.

Kathy King
0 Likes

I know this is an older conversation.  And I am not a female.  I was watching Homemade Wanderlust as she (trail name Dixie) was reappraising here AT Thru-hike Gear.  she has also completed the PCT and CDT.  she mentioned Topo Athletic's Terraventure (looks like there is a Terraventure 3 on Topo's website) as having a wider toe box.  I am not sure about the full range of trail runners or if they have wider toe boxes and narrow heel area.

It just might be something for the ladies to check out (yes, they also make men's shoes).

Enjoy

0 Likes