cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Sleeping bags that zip together

What is the best two sleeping bags for summer backpacking that zip together for me and my partner?

0 Likes
3 Replies

I still have, and use, a Marmot bag that is a single that unzips to expand to double size and combines with an undersheet to form a double.  The undersheet provides zero insulation, which is the usual case anyway.  I don't believe this model is in production anymore, but perhaps there is something similar.  My bag is marvelously versatile.... 

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.
0 Likes

I have used two sleeping bags zipped together for me and my partner in the past, but I prefer systems such as @hikermor recommends.

Think of it this way - if either of you wants to get up, you must unzip the middle of the sleeping bag and let all the cold air in to both of you.

0 Likes

Nemo makes bags designed to zip together.  Don't know how well it works but have seen it on their website.

Two square bags of the same type that unzip on the side and bottom should zip together when laid out flat so that one bag is on the bottom and one on the top.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
0 Likes