cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Looking for PCT partner

I’m interested in starting the PCT in April with another woman. I will section hike, the so cal portion in April and parts of Oregon and Washington during the summer. My pace is about 20 miles per day. I could probably do 30, or slow down to 12.

4 Replies

Hi @melindacallahan - Thanks for reaching out!

We wanted to connect you with @gabriellehiker45 who recently posted about looking for female hiking partners for Washington and Oregon. Maybe y'all's summer plans could align!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

I'M a guy named Brandon Cox my first time on the PCT. I'm equipped and leaving at the beginning of June because of the Snow at the higher passes, I'm going from Campo to Washington State. Looking for a reliable partner, who won't quit unless they need to. I'm a writer, I just graduated from College and I've been published in The East Fork Journal of the Arts through the University of Cincinnati under Brandon Archibald Cox my Poem is entitled Horridus Horribilus because of my love of Ursus Arctus Horribilus and the younger kids these days act like they were raised by Bears, lol. If, you know any guys that are leaving around that time It would be much appreciated. I want a partner but preferably a guy but I'm equal opportunity so if you're Interested hit me back up, 😊 Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi Melinda. I’m not sure if you accomplished your hike or not. I am planning to hike the PCT this upcoming summer (2022). I am a woman and am also looking for a partner to hike with. I am only planning on doing Oregon and Washington and starting a little later in the summer (early July). I believe I would pace the same as you, 20 or so miles a day. I’d love to chat more or see if you have any other friends interested in joining me.

0 Likes

Hi there! I have wanted to do it for several years. My youngest is 12 now. Do you think you can wait a few more years? Lol I’m waiting for her to get just a little bit older. Good luck though!

0 Likes