cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Hiking & ski pants for curvy women

Hey outdoor ladies! Have any of you found good hiking pants, work pants, or skiing pants for curvy women? It seems like so many of the pants (and even tights) out there cater to the lean muscular build. I do pretty well with the Columbia Saturday trail pants. Ski pants are very difficult. I also have never been able to find a good pair of work pants (the women's Carhartts do not work well for curvy women). 

For reference, I am quite curvy (typically fit size 8 to 10 around my waist and 12-14 around my hips).  

Thanks!

Labels (1)
12 Replies

So glad you brought this up - and will try some of these suggestions. 

Because I'm on the smaller side, sales people look at me funny when I ask for something in a curvy fit - I don't think clothing manufacturers and a lot of others realize that it's the difference between your waist size and your hips and butt size that make you a curvy fit!! If something fits my hips and butt, then I have this huge gap at the waist, and if they're a pant that's sized by waist, I can't even pull them up!  I HATE pant shopping!!!   Can't tell I'm frustrated, can you??😂

If anyone else has more brand recommendations, please share and thanks!!

I wish. I’m similar size. Tried on a bunch of ski pants at REI and another store last year, either extremely baggy or couldn’t get over my butt. Unfortunately also only bad experience I’ve had with the workers at REI they basically said tough luck and didn’t really help me at all (not my usual experience there). Still haven’t found a good ski pant. I almost always hike in leggings. I have a pair of smartwool leggings that I LOVE and always take camping/backpacking. 

0 Likes

I am a bit late in posting to this thread but thought I would add that Mountain Hardware's Dynama pants (last years) are also wonderful for women who have curves. I have a very small waist compared to my hips/thighs and have a difficult time finding hiking pants that fit and these fit wonderful. I have the shorts and pants from 2019-2020. I have not tried this years dynama 2 compare to last years version. 

0 Likes