cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Family trip to Tuckernuck - will share gear reviews after!

Myself, two teens, a preteen, and a husband, are Tuckernuck bound for one day and two nights. It is a coming out of quarantine adventure that might not have happened otherwise. Tuckernuck is an island twenty minutes from Nantucket. There are no stores, no restaurants, no electricty. We are staying in a big old house. We have to bring our own food and bedding. The house is right on the beach. "Exhilaration", was my one chosen word in January, instead of a New Years resolution. (They say to pick one word now to define your year, instead of a resolution.) A recent trip to REI made me think of things this family of five needs to bring to an isolated island, on the beach in New England. My 12 year old daughter picked out the Base Camp Voyager 42L for a backpack. We'll let you know how it works out. We also purchased the "REI Co-op Stuff Travel Pack", and a mini Coleman first aide kit that comes with "74 pieces" of "emergency essentials". (Every family needs this emergency kit!) We'll get back soon with gear reviews. Hopefully we will not need first aide kit, but with water proof matches, who knows?

0 Replies