cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Seeking feedback on folding kayaks

I am considering purchasing a folding kayak (Oru) and I am wondering if anyone else has used one....if so, how did it handle?  Did it feel stable? Were you happy with your purchase?

Thanks,

Carole

1 Reply

@cgroman 

Hi Carole - Thanks for reaching out! 

We heard back from one of our Watersports experts from our Atlanta store and they shared this feedback about the Oru Kayak:

I have used the Oru Kayak Coast XT, which is the narrower of the models. When still, it could rock a bit. I have not tried the wider models — their initial stability is likely stronger. Once paddling, they are as stable as can be and really fun to paddle. This boat is very quick and maneuverable since it has a nice hard chine on the free-board (side) of the kayak. It felt very liberating compared to an inflatable. It is great for apartment/condo owners or someone wanting to avoid lifting a heavy kayak. 

Hopefully this helps!
At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.