cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

roof rack suggestions for kayak and SUPs on 2014 PriusV

Hi there. I’d like to be able to carry 2 paddleboards or 1 kayak atop my 2014 Prius V. The total weight would rarely, if ever, exceed 80 lbs, and would more commonly be under 50 lbs. What are my rack options with this car? It currently has nothing, no existing rack or rails, on it. Thanks! 

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Tewo 

Thanks for reaching out!

According to the Thule Rack fitter, here is the kit needed to mount cross bars on your car:

Once you have the cross bars mounted on your car, here are a couple of options to carry your boats:

If you're looking to get all of those watercraft on your car at the same time, you will want to make sure you take careful measurements of the roof of your car, SUPs, and kayak. The cross bars listed above are 53" wide, so you'll need to be thoughtful about how all your gear will fit within the space that size of bars will allow.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes