cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Recommendation for first pair of Water Shoes

I'm looking to purchase my first pair of high-quality water shoes (women's sizing 7.5/8), and would love a recommendation. I'm looking at the Keen Newport H2 and Hoka One One. Definitely want the toe protection, arch support, and traction for rocky/muddy beaches. I have a narrow heel with wider front of foot. Any advice/insights much appreciated!

0 Likes
12 Replies

So, late to the party once again, but I thought that I'd share anyway.  After trying a few different brands and styles, I have found my "go-to" water shoe.  It's the Merrell Choprock.  REI only has the women's version available right now, but I found a pair of the Men's version on the Good & Used site.  I love them.  They are styled like a running shoe, but with a very rugged tread pattern.  The body of the shoe is mesh, and there are drain holes in the insole.  I have worn mine with no socks, on short hikes in perfect comfort, even when wet.  They protect your feet, provide good traction, and dry quickly.  They are also available on the Merrell site.

Hope this helps anyone still looking for water shoes recommendations.

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

This looks great, appreciate the rec! I'm generally happy with my Keens now that they're broken in, but I like that these would better protect my feet from small rocks/debris. I'd definitely check these out in the future. 

As an aside, how annoying is it that in 2021 it's still so hard to find quality gear for women, especially gear that isn't freaking pink or purple or some cutesy color combo?? Drives me nuts.

0 Likes
0 Likes