cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kayaking & camping Turtle-Flambeau Scenic Waters Area, WI

Does anyone have experience paddling and camping in the Turtle-Flambeau Scenic Waters Area in Wisconsin?  We are thinking about going up in August and spending week exploring the area in our kayaks and camping at the paddle in campsites on the islands.  Was it a good experience?  Would you go back?  Were the campsites easily accessible from the water (GPS coordinates are provided on the DNR site).  How was the water quality?  Buggy?  Was it packed with people (we'd be going probably up on Sunday and leaving Friday or Saturday depending on campsite availability)?  Any information you have would be appreciated.

Thanks and happy paddling!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside
4 Replies

Although I haven't yet been to this area, your post made me do a little searching on Google Earth.  I would also love to learn more about this area.  I'm just over the border in MN

Keep Calm and Paddle On
0 Likes

Hopefully, @KayakTony , someone who's been will provide up both with information!  There is another area I've also asked about and that is the Willow Flowage Scenic Waters Area also in WI.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Found Myself Outside

That one also sounds great!  Hope I'm not hijacking your thread, but I have one you may like.  You should check out my '2021 Northern MN River Trip - Trip Report' thread on here in Watersports.  We did the Cloquet River, which is NW of Duluth MN.  I think you'd enjoy it.  

Keep Calm and Paddle On

Yep, I saw that one.  It does sound like fun.  I have a few questions but I'll go put those in that thread.

Found Myself Outside