cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Kayak Trailer Search

Any recommendations on Kayak trailers for a Honda CRV AWD? 

We like the Malone trailer and 5 year warranty,

Thanks, 

Nancy & Bruce

1 Reply

I have had the Trailex SUT250 M2 for 12+ years.  I really like it, it one of the only ones that work well with longer boats.  When I bought it I was also purchasing a Tsunami 145.  The length was perfect, I setup the cross bars to be at the internal bulkheads for extra support.  I added a truck box over the axel for paddle/gear storage.  I have since upgraded the kayak to a CLC Chesapeake 18' and extended using square aluminum tubing the placement of the lights further back. 

The trailer is very light weight and easy to move around by hand.  Handles highway speeds + without issue, except when completely empty(this applies to just about any trailer as they tend to bounce without any weight.)

I have just moved from Buffalo, NY to West Palm Beach, FL.  I pulled the trailer with the kayak and the box loaded 1400 miles, After replacing the tires and re-greasing the hubs(first time since new).  Trailer had no issues.

As I only haul 1 kayak, I removed the front long cross bar and replaced it with the vertical bar so the trailer was narrower in the garage and left room for my recumbent trike.

I have pulled the kayak with several cars and suvs and never had an issue including a Toyota Solara Convertible, Nissan Murano Convertible and most recently a Mazda CX-5.

0 Likes