cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

How to get an Eddyline Sitka LT home

I've done my research and would like to buy an Eddyline Sitka LT kayak. I see from the product page that curbside pickup is available. In that I've never transported a kayak, can you also provide a list of the equipment I would need to safely attach it to my car? My car is a Toyota Landcruiser with a roof rack. I know I need some kind of kayak carrier to attach to the roof rack. But what else do I need in terms of straps and tie-downs? Are there rooftop kayak carriers that would allow me to put two of these Eddyline Sitka's on top of my Landcruiser? 

0 Likes
2 Replies

@seattleninerfan Thanks for reaching out!

The Eddyline Sitka LT kayak is a great boat, we hope you enjoy your time out on the water! In a typical set up you need four attachment points to get your kayak on the roof of your car: 2 to hold the body of the kayak to your vehicle, 1 to connect the bow the front of your car (it is very important to remember to attach this to the frame of your car, not the bumper), and 1 to connect the stern to the back of your car (again, frame of your car, not the bumper).

You have a couple of rack options for how to connect your kayak to your car:

All of the racks above will list what straps are included with them and all of them should be compatible with the cross bars you have on your vehicle. However, if you'd like to enter your specific vehicle information into each company's rack fit tool you can do so for Thule here and Yakima here.

Hopefully this helps, feel free to reach out with any other questions. Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks John. This is exactly the guidance I was looking for.