cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Crossbars and paddleboard racks

I'm trying to order crossbars for my 2017 Ford Edge (flush side rails) but it's hard to tell if I'm ordering the right version, size, and all the parts (feet and installation kit?)  And if the crossbars are right for the paddleboard rack that I'm considering.

I'm looking at the aeroblade edge roof bar flush mount (what size)

Thule Evo clamp foot pack

Will those work and then which fit kit?  The Evo Clamp fit kit?

If I got this system which paddle board rack would be best?  I'm looking at the Yakima SUPDawg paddle board roof rack (because I'm short and worried about loading) and the Thule SUP Taxi XT mount.  The Yakima systems says the cross bars need to be longer?

Thank you in advance,

Barb

0 Likes
4 Replies

Hello there @Rhubarb!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  Sorry to hear that selecting a rack has proven to be a bit confusing. 

If you are looking to go with Aeroblade system, you will need three components.  You will need the Thule Podium Fit Kit in size 4047, a size large Aeroblade roof bar and a size medium. This will complete your base rack system.

As far as the Thule SUP Taxi XT, it is designed to fit all Thule rack systems!

With those items, you should be good to go! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thank you.  So I don't need to purchase the set of feet?

-Barb

0 Likes

@Rhubarb 

The way the edge system works, the "feet" are in this case attached to the bar and only require the fit kit for further installation.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Thanks so much!  I would have never ordered right without talking to someone!!