cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Backpack to fit a deflated + rolled paddle board

Currently, I have a Kelty 4500 (70L) pack that fits my 10' iSUP (rolled). Its not terribly comfortable, and we're getting another board anyway... what packs do you have that will fit a 35" tall (rolled) iSUP? Currently looking at the Deuter AirContact Lite (mens) 65+10. Other thoughts? 

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @clovervalleyak - Thanks for reaching out!

Because it is difficult to know if your rolled up iSUP will fit into a specific pack without testing it out, we suggest bringing your deflated board into your local REI to try out different options. If you are not near a store, the Deuter AirContact Lite 65+10 does look like it could work with its 34" pack height, depending on if your board has a bit of room to shift positions.

Another option could be the Osprey Aether Plus 85 Men's Pack. This backpack has a larger capacity than the Deuter AirContact, which could lead to a more flexible fit for your board and a more comfortable carry. 

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

This could be a good situation to use a rigid pack frame, ideally equipped with a cargo shelf and a supportive waist belt.  I last used obe to transport a 90 pound fossil out of the field and I was pleased at how well the load carried.

Nothing beats an external pack frame for really weird loads, like chain saws or fossils....

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.