cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Vanagon Build for Summer

57C05861-1520-4E92-8A98-3C0CF32DFB6B.jpeg

2A90EF18-BE2E-4741-A54F-B7693DEDC790.jpeg

Currently in the middle of a Subaru engine conversion on my vanagon project! Hope to have it done by summer so I can take it on some sweet trips

2 Replies

Vanagon Build for Summer

@Webberjames95 

WOW! That looks so awesome, thanks for sharing! Will this be the first trip with your vanagon? If yes, where will your inaugural trip be? If no, where is your favorite place you have gone with it?

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Vanagon Build for Summer

@Webberjames95 

A Subaru engine conversion! I would love to hear more, as I'm sure others that come into this Vanlife section will too. What were the main deciding factors that made you go for it? 

I've only spent time in one van with the conversion (pictured), but it definitely piqued my interest. My friend who converted it said the biggest selling point was it being much easier to find mechanics to work on a Subaru engine than the older Vanagon original (especially in Central America). It would be great to hear if you had a pros-cons list too. 

Boquete_Jun17-10.jpg

Thanks for sharing your update and the photos. Hope to hear more of your overlanding updates and stories here in the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes