cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

On The Road Again - AZ NM CO UT NV CA AZ

Starting tomorrow, I'm loopy!

I begin my regular nomadic phase for the warmer months - looping to mostly avoid the deserts I love so much. See, my First Love is mountains.

If our paths cross, maybe we can go for a walk or share a meal. My general path:

Late May: Easternmost Arizona, Blue Range, wild trout, wilder swimming holes, a chance to get acclimated for the Old Man.

Early June: Mt Taylor near Grants NM, Albuquerque resupply, Santa Fe Ski Area access to Pecos Wilderness for a week, with a couple of peaks in mind, day hike and 3 day trips.

Resupply Santa Fe, up Pecos River Canyon for a chance for a longer trip, aiming for peaks on off days.

Last week of June: Las Vegas NM area. Buddy in the area. An overnight to Hermit Peak. Kayak. Hot Springs.

4th of July: Colorado, visit a sister up at Fairplay. Climb Buffalo Peaks. Climb Mt Sopris.

Mid July: San Rafael Swell UT. Climb Mt Delano with a long time backpacking friend. Blitz Nevada.

Late July: 12 days in Emigrant Wilderness, the cap of the Yosemite North Boundary Country.

August: Dodge smoke.

Early September, smoke allowing: 8 days in the Cathedral Range of Yosemite.

Late September, smoke allowing: Sierra peakbagging or Arizona Strip N Rim Grand Canyon Country.

October, mid: Back to the Sky Islands and deserts of S AZ.

Go for a walk?

Best wishes to all with nomadic spirits this warm season.

Labels (3)
4 Replies

Nice! Have fun, be safe

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes

@SolaceEasy this sounds amazing! Hoping we get to hear from you, and see pictures, throughout! Safe travels!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Pecos Wilderness!

20210607_155004.jpg

Looking good!

REI Member Since 1979 YouTube.com/philreedshikes