cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Calling all vanlifers - what's your setup?

What's your rig? Where you heading next?

7 Replies

Hi @speakingquitefrankly - Thanks for asking this question! It's too fun to pass up. I'm no longer living on the road, but was a full-time vanlifer for years and those memories roaming around North America are top notch! I had a 2003 Dodge that treated me quite well. Do you have a van? Would love to see your setup!

thumbnail_0CEEC8FD-49A5-40CB-B294-DA808FC494FB.jpg

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

love the table. I am in a honda fit because I'm too poor for a van https://youtu.be/oL4rjOPLvbs

Van tour of a Honda Fit full camper, sleeps two with great gas mileage. Full tour of van kitchen, camping food, sleeping and storage. Instagram: @speakingqui...

@speakingquitefrankly - Whoa! What a great video. Thank you for sharing! Your setup looks great. It's funny to see you call out the Arizona Tea jugs because I used them for the exact same purpose! 

We're happy you've joined this community and look forward to all of the conversations ahead!

0 Likes

haha thanks for thinking so highly of my non-edited video 😅. and yes, if youre not taking advantage of trash are you even outdoorsy? more eco friendly and way cheaper than the stuff you get at R E ....... I'm gonna let that sentence finish itself.

Don't delete me. I see you, Admin.

It's always a smart idea to use what you already have if it does the job well! With that sentiment, you might really enjoy this this thread - What are your best, dirt cheap camping gear finds?

Enjoy!

0 Likes

@speakingquitefrankly we've moved your post to our "Vanlife" board since it's perfect there (and we wanted to make sure you saw this part of the community!)

0 Likes

Hi @speakingquitefrankly

I have a full camper conversion from Peace Vans Modern in Seattle. I traveled down the L coast and lived in it for 92 days as soon as I got it. Visioning Colorado in the early summer.

0 Likes