cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Opt to Act – Simple Action #3: Junk mail

Opt to Act – Simple Action #3

Join REI in making the fight for life outdoors part of your life with The Opt to Act Plan – 52 weeks of simple actions to reduce your impact, get active, and leave the world better than you found it. Full details can be found here.

Action #3 Opt out of junk mail. There are a number of ways you can limit unwanted mail from coming to your mailbox, consider the following:

• Call 1-888-567-8688 or visit OptOutPrescreen.com to stop receiving prescreened credit card and insurance offers. 
  • The Data and Marketing Association sends out a lot of mail, but for $2 you can block unwanted mail from the DMA for 10 years and it only takes a few minutes.
  • You can also opt-out of coupon packs here.
  • The Federal Trade Commission also provides a detailed guide for stopping a whole host of unsolicited mail.

We’d love to see and hear your ideas, your pictures, your successes and your challenges as you add this habit to your day-to-day life. Share below!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
4 Replies

Thanks for these links.  I really like the prescreened one, since it can help to prevent identify theft.   

Superusers do not speak on behalf of REI and may have received
one or more gifts or other benefits from the co-op.

Opted out of coupon packs and prescreen.  I didn't know you could opt out of coupon packs.  Now to see how it works.

0 Likes

How do I opt out of REI credit card offers?

0 Likes

@mboepple Thanks for reaching out!

Please take a look at this post, How do I stop the monthly mailing of REI Credit Card offers?, for the information you need.

Thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes