cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Opt to Act - Simple Action #2

Opt to Act- Simple Action #2

Join REI in making the fight for life outdoors part of your life with The Opt to Act Plan – 52 weeks of simple actions to reduce your impact, get active, and leave the world better than you found it. Full details can be found here.

Action #2 Go bagless. Carry reusable bags for all shopping. This week make a mental note to grab your reusable bags before you head to the store. Also, if you drive, place extra reusable bags in your car. It’s a simple act that you’ll thank yourself for later!

We’d love to see and hear your ideas, your pictures, your successes and your challenges as you add this habit to your day-to-day life. Share below!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well-lived.
2 Replies

I like bringing my day pack with me when I go grocery shopping. It's a bag that I know is durable and something I already have. I also tend to work on my juggling skills when out for just a literal handful of items and carry them without a bag. Give it a shot and work on your grip strength! 

I found reusable mesh bags on Amazon to avoid using filmy plastic bags for things like apples. I heard that filmy plastic can never be recycled.