Highlighted

How can I work with REI on Climate Change in Montana?

Dear REI,

I am writing to you as a board member for Montana Health Care Professionals for Healthy Climate, and a nurse working nationally with the Nurses Climate Challenge. The updated Climate Assessment for Montana has just hit the printing presses and will be available to any interested Montanan by early 2021.  Working to improve the health of our planet and our communities are goals that with the REI mission. I would love to offer a free zoom class on how climate change affects human health if REI is still offering classes. If not is there any other way to collaborate with REI so that we could work on climate locally in Montana together? Any suggestions of what direction I can go in to accomplish this? 

Happy Holidays!
Julia Ryder

BSN,RN,CEN

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted

@Juliaryder 

Hey Julia!

Thanks for reaching out! We love hearing from folks who are passionate about protecting the environment and its connection to health. In case you missed it, a few weeks ago we posted this Co-op Journal article, REI Co-op fights climate change and advances equity in the industry with bold new product standards. You might find it interesting as it ties in so closely to the topic you are talking about.

While your important work does align with our broader mission, at this time, our local teams in Montana are not facilitating any online programming. As we move into the new year, we recommend connecting with the store manager at your local REI store to see how you could work together and potentially connect with other local non-profits working on climate and health around Montana. Please keep in mind that the holidays are the busiest time of the year for our store teams so you may want to reach out in a few weeks after the end of the year rush has slowed down a bit.

Hopefully this helps, thanks for joining the community and for the important work you are doing with your non-profit!

At REI, we believe a life outdoors is a life well lived.
0 Likes