cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Celebrating Earth Day amid COVID-19

April 22nd is the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. While we can’t visit many of our favorite outdoor spaces in person, we can still celebrate Mother Nature’s beauty by sharing memories and finding new ways to enjoy nature close to home.

How are you celebrating Earth Day this year? Please share your thoughts and photos below on how you plan to commemorate this special day.

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
5 Replies

I teach high school geography and am grateful for all the ideas you list to get kids making smart and thoughtful choices. Your Opt to Act flyer is (well, was now that we are on e-learning) on my entrance board and we gathered endless snack and candy wrappers this year!

@KStraub87 

Thank you so much for reaching out to us! We are so excited to hear how you are implementing Opt to Act with your students. We will pass this along to our team, we're sure they would be happy to hear this great story. Thanks!

0 Likes

@KStraub87 it's so cool for us to hear how you used our Opt to Act plan with your students! Now that we're all learning remotely, here's a digital link to the plan, in case you wanted to keep it alive for your students while you're apart...we also continue to post the weekly actions on our Sustainable Living board here in the community, so long as they're appropriate with current social distancing guidelines.

0 Likes

We are encouraging the greater Oakland County Michigan near Pontiac and Auburn Hills to come to Hawk Woods Nature Center at 3799 Bald Mountain  Road, Auburn Hills, MI to walk the trails.  I am working on the Blue Bird Houses cleaning up some and replacing several.  My wife and I just finished building nine new houses.  I am headed out now to replace two.

Mike Mansour  Hawk Woods Nature Center

0 Likes

I started a new tradition last year of exploring a trail on Earth Day. This year, hubby and I took a short hike at a local park since many state parks are closed. The weather was beautiful, and it was nice to get outside for a bit.

0 Likes