cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Vermont hiking suggestions - 2-4 miles w/ lakes, waterfalls, or overlooks

Any recommendations for staying in VT with some good hiking trails within the vicinity? We like Easy to Medium hikes with streams, waterfalls, lakes, and scenic overlooks (I know, surprising). 2-4 mile hikes as of now, we have small kids. 

We have been doing hikes in the Lincoln, NH area - Mt. Loon, Franconia Notch, Artist Bluff, and the White Mountains. We live in CT, and traveling to Lincoln NH takes 4 hours, and we go right through VT, so I figure a nice VRBO in VT would be only a 3 mile drive, and there have to be some nice options.

Or do you all just recommend traveling the extra hour to New Hampshire? There are so many nice trails, creeks, waterfalls, and overlooks there. 

Thank you.

- Dave

0 Likes
1 Reply

@Redhawk05 

Hi Dave - Thanks for bringing this question to the community! There is a lot of great hiking in Vermont. If you are making repeated trips up to the Whites in NH, I do think Vermont is a great idea to see some new sites and explore a new area with your family. 

Without knowing exactly how far into Vermont you'd like to travel, here are some suggestions that meet the criteria you listed above:

Hopefully this helps!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes