cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Snowboarding Vermont Beginner - wanna meet up?

Hello all, 

I am new to the area from Los Angeles. I came here to avoid the Covid 19 chaos of the city in March.  I have myriad outdoor experience climbing big walls, alpine, and a little backcountry ski touring. I am honestly slightly terrified of going fast, (stemming from lack of knowledge) however, this is the year of being uncomfortable and it is a life long goal to give Snowboarding a shot. I have had three previous attempts over the last 30 years and it just did not stick.  I am looking for a little guidance and perhaps someone to join that has experience in Vermont. I am in the Jay Peak area but can travel anywhere.  Hoping to meet up!

0 Likes
2 Replies

@agentm23 thanks so much for reaching out within this community for a snowboarding buddy - so far we've only had a few Vermont folks post in the community, mainly focused on camping/hiking, so we'll tag @REI-CarterC, one of our moderators who happens to live in Vermont - maybe she's got some local tips and suggestions!

We have a few Expert Advice articles about snowboarding in general. And we always recommend stopping by your local Williston VT REI store to chat with our employees about the best ways to meet up with others in the area!

Have fun out there - sounds like the snow has really started to fall in the mountains in VT!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hey @agentm23 - Welcome to Vermont! It is definitely a great place to be. I'm going to tap into some local knowledge and will send you a direct message with what I hear. Hopefully will have some suggestions on how to find folks to snowboard with around Jay and the surrounding area. 

Thanks for reaching out here in the community!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes