cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Seeking Backpacking Friends Near Minnesota!

Hello! I am a new-ish backpacker (been on only two trips, but own all of the gear I need!) and am seeking local friends who are interested in going on local trips together. I'm based out of Minneapolis and have had a hard time locating a community that enjoys backpacking, so I'm here seeking like-minded people! Leave a comment if you live in or near Minnesota and would be interested in setting up a backpacking trip next spring/summer/fall!

3 Replies

@bayleemiller Welcome!

We've got a fairly strong contingent of folks from Minnesota, we'll tag them here and see if they have some suggestions for you: 

@ruthsbluemarble @TomV @Austin @NicoleNJohnson @WinterWalker @Stifmeisters @Hiker_44 @DougSC

Also, we encourage you to check out this post, Minnesota State Parks to Explore, which has lots of great conversations about local state parks.

Hopefully this helps, thanks!

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

This is great, thank you!

@bayleemiller Hi there! I apologize for not responding sooner. I'm an ambassador for the Minnesota chapter of Women Who Hike. We have many members of the group that are backpackers. A large portion of our membership is based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area. To learn more about the organization you can visit www.womenwhohike.com or request to join the Minnesota chapter's Facebook page (Women Who Hike Minnesota) to connect with other women who are interested in hiking and backpacking!

0 Likes