cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

suggestions for backpacking Maryland

Hi.  My husband and I are looking for suggestions for a 2-night backpack loop in Maryland or Virginia/West Virginia, preferably utilizing the AT for part of it or maybe the Tuscarora Trail.  If you have any suggestions, I'd much appreciate it. 

If we can't find a loop, we're considering an in/out on the AT but not sure where to park to start the trip.  Thinking of maybe starting at Annapolis Rocks, but we've already done the AT through Maryland from Penn Mar to Harper's Ferry, so would prefer something different, maybe south of Harper's Ferry or in Michaux SF in PA.   Thanks for any suggestions or websites that could help us out.   -- KM2

0 Likes
1 Reply

@KM2 

Thanks for reaching out!

We've have a small but mighty contingent of folks in and around Maryland here in the community. @Rob6 may be able to provide some insight into trail options in the area. Additionally, we encourage you to check out these threads around trails in Maryland:

Feel free to tag a user in a post if you want to ask a specific question about the area. Additionally, you may want to check out our Appalachian Trail Hikers Group to connect with others talking about the AT.

Hopefully this helps, thanks! 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes