cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members!
We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community,
click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

New/old bike rider looking for trails and groups in Maryland

Hi all! I'm new here. I live in Maryland. I'm 65 years old, and I have a new bike! I rode many years ago, but now I feel kind of wobbly and insecure on my new bike. I'm looking for some relatively flat places where I can re-learn to ride until I get my "sea legs" back. I'm also looking for groups that would welcome someone who might have trouble keeping up at first. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

2 Replies

Hi @agkenner - Thanks for reaching out. Congrats on the new bike! I too got a new bike early this year after a while without one and it has been fun to work on getting comfortable riding again. 

How far are you willing to travel within Maryland to meet with a group? It looks like there are a different options for riding groups that might be a good fit for you. Without knowing what city you are in, these may be too far away, but we suggest taking a look at these to start:

Hopefully some others in the Maryland/DMV area will have some suggestions for places to ride as well. @Timeoutside - do you have any recommendations to pass along? 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.

Thanks for the info! Those groups look very interesting, especially the one in Rockville. I will check them out further.