cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Welcome REI Co-op Members! We're glad you're here. If you can't access the Co-op Members section of the community, click here for instructions on how to join the section that's just for you.

Re: Outdoor School for Everyone

Hello,

I am the executive director of a very small state agency in our Education and Workforce Development Cabinet dedicated to environmental education. We are embarking on a journey to establish an outdoor school program modeled after the one in Oregon. We are working with the cabinet leadership to conduct a three-year pilot program to explore how to connect our 4th-6th grade students to nature and develop a collective positive impact on our environment. Our most immediate need is for funding to properly evaluate our efforts. If you know of any potential funders that might be interested, please let me know.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hi @BillyBennett - Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing your work scope with us! What state are you working in? We could then move your post to the relevant area's board and see if there is any local interest or connections to make. 

In addition to the multitudes passionate about the outdoors here in the community, there are a few other outdoor-focused educators here that might be able to weigh in as well.

Welcome to the community! We are glad you are here. 

At REI, we believe time outside is fundamental to a life well lived.
0 Likes

Hello Carter, I am in Kentucky.